Join PanGenomics for an information-packed half-day program designed to help students approaching graduation learn more about careers in genetics. Whether you’ve already planned your future and are just looking to gather more information or you are still deciding whether a career in genetics is right for you we can provide you with the information and insight you need to get started on this innovative career path.
What does this program include?
The program includes the following:
- A welcome packet including materials about PanGenomics and your itinerary for the day.
- A tour of the facilities including an inside look at our laboratory.
- Observation of a patient genetic counseling session, if available.
- A personal meeting with a genetic counselor or medical geneticist for a discussion about careers in genetics.
- A meeting with a laboratory technician and/or laboratory manager.
- Sit in on a genetic counseling class (only available when course is in session)
- Snacks will be provided.
How is an observership scheduled?
All observerships must be scheduled in advance. We will schedule observerships throughout the entire year. We are open Monday through Saturday. Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org